HIRING THE RIGHT TALENT
Having the right people on your team can spell the difference between success and failure. When it comes to building a team, finding and hiring the right people is one of the toughest challenges leaders face. If you want the right people, you must have at the core of your approach the following guiding principle: past behavior speaks volumes about future behavior and can help predict it.
Yes, people can change; however, change rarely occurs unless some major crisis or demand for change comes about due to external circumstances, such as being fired, a major illness or accident. That’s why you must find a way to ferret out information about the candidates’ past successes and failures. Then you can judge how these past events and behaviors might influence success in the opportunity at hand. Gathering focused information to paint a realistic picture of the candidates’ strengths and weaknesses is essential to attracting and retaining top talent.
In this comprehensive behavioral interviewing program, you will learn:
1. How to identify the key competencies of targeted positions and gather valuable behavioral data about how each candidate stacks up against the agreed job competencies
2. How to improve and enhance your ability to interview candidates effectively and how to organize the information to make the right selection
3. How to integrate the information multiple interviewers get from interviews to enhance making the best choice for your company
Target audience: Anyone who hires or promotes others
The Hiring the Right Talent Program gives you and your company a systematic approach to finding, interviewing and selecting the best people for your organization. In this 1.5 day program, participants will:
• Learn about the Common Mistakes in Selecting and Hiring People to Avoid them in the future
• Perform a competency-based job analysis
• Conduct structured behavioral interviews using the CAR approach
• Consolidate and integrate input from multiple interviews to select the best candidate
• Receive tools and resources including examples of a Competency Profile and Interview Guides
For more information, give us a call at 813-831-9500.